I found this recipe in “The Star Wars Cookbook” that a friend gave us for my daughters birthday. I thought the name was fun and so it was the first recipe that we tried. From the first batch, our family was hooked and I haven’t made another type of chocolate chip cookie since. We have made them for so many events and been repeatedly told that they are the best chocolate chip cookies ever.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Put the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Set aside.
- Put the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in another mixing bowl. Using the electric mixer set on high speed, beat together until well blended and creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon of the dough and drop on a baking sheet. Be sure to leave about 1 inch between the cookies because they spread as they bake.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Place cookies on cooling racks and let cool completely.
- Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.
My personal baking tips for this recipe:
- I use 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- I use salted butter.
- I bake on parchment paper.
- I use a counter top convection oven – so I drop the temp to 350 and bake for 7 minutes.