Louanne on Jan 29th 2011
Nadia liked Pirate School so much that I decided to do Fireman school next. I got all the information and PDF’s from Jolanthe’s site again. Because firemen have to be strong I chose the verse “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13. Here is Nadia in her friend Eli’s fireman suit.
Working on the puzzle for the front cover of her lapbook.
We worked on spelling fireman words.
Working on patterns.
Demonstrating “stop, drop and roll”
Learning about the fire extinguishers in our house.
We watched a DVD called “Amazing Heroes: Firefighters” and read serveral books. Nadia’s favorite was “Firefighters A to Z” by Chris Demarest. The author is a firefighter and the illustrations are wonderful.
- Fire! Fire! by Gail Gibbons
- Fighting Fires by Seymour Simon
- A day with Firefighters by Jan Kottke
- DK Machines at Work – Fire Truck
- A Day in the Life of a Firefighter by Linda Hayward
Other activities we did:
- Spelling her and sister’s name
- Shadow matching game
- Our address
- Calling 911 and why to call 911
- Escape route maze
- Fireman dot to dot; Fire hydrant dot to do (practicing counting)